Malai Paneer Korma (Nut-Free)
Tender cubes of paneer in a rich and silky gravy. Try this nut-free version (without cashew nuts) of the ever-popular Malai Paneer Korma that is just as delicious and creamy.
- 200 gms paneer
- 3 medium onions sliced
- 10-15 cloves of garlic
- 1" piece of ginger chopped
- 1 green chilli sliced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (optional)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Whole garam masala
- 1 black cardamoms
- 3 green cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 5 pepper corns
- 1" piece of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- Once the onions are cooked, drain off the water. Remove the bay leaf, cardamoms, chillies, and cinnamon. Allow it to cool.
- Add in 1 cup of curd and blend into a smooth paste.
- Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Do not allow it to heat. Add in the blended mixture. Add a bit of water into the blender jar to clean it up along with a tbsp of cornflour. Pour this mixture into the pan. Since we are not using cashew paste, this ensures that the gravy does not curdle.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Add in the cream and mix well. Cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- Drain off the paneer pieces and add them to the gravy. Mix until the pieces are well coated. Cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- The Malai Paneer Korma is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and crushed black pepper.
- My kitchen is a nut-free kitchen. If you want to use cashew nuts, add a handful of them along with the onions when boiling.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
April 28, 2021 @ 10:43 am
How elaborate your recipes and yet you mae them seem easy
Here form atoz https://poojapriyamvada.blogspot.com/2021/04/xo-newnormal-a2z.html
April 28, 2021 @ 6:22 pm
Thank you so much Pooja.😊