Masoor Dal Kebabs
Cooking is all about innovation. On more occasions than one, people have mistaken it for a mutton kebab.
- 200 gms whole masoor dal (brown lentil)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp amchoor (raw mango) powder
- 2 tbsp mint chutney
- 1 cube veg super seasoning (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil to fry the dal
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Soak the dal overnight. Grind the soaked dal finely.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or karahi (ideally a non-stick one). Add in the dal and cook for a little while until dry.
- Remove from fire and add in the mint chutney.
- Shape the mixture into kebabs and deep fry until done.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney and onion rings.
- If you want it chunky, grind the dal coarsely and add an egg.
- To make seekh kebabs, shape them on chopsticks or pencil.
For more such easy to cook recipes, download my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse. The book is free to download for a very limited time. Grab your copy today!