Moong Dal Spinach Waffles (Gluten-Free)
Give the popular dal palak a healthy twist with the Moong Dal and Spinach Waffles. This nutritious, gluten-free vegan recipe flavored with Indian spices works perfectly for breakfast.
- 1 cup dhuli or split yellow moong dal
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach leaves
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Oil for greasing
- Wash and soak the moong dal in water for at least 2-3 hours. Grind it into a smooth paste using about half a cup of water.
- Next add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder (jeera), coriander powder (dhania), and turmeric powder. Mix.
- Now add in the chopped spinach and mix well.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the waffle iron.
- Finally, add the baking powder and the baking soda to the mixture. Mix.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, grease it well with oil and pour in about a ladleful of the batter depending on the size of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook until done.
- The Moong Dal Spinach Waffles are ready to serve. Serve them hot with your favorites dips or chutneys.
- Do not attempt to open the lid to check before it is cooked or the waffles might disintegrate. I used an electric waffle iron and it took about 10 minutes.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
November 6, 2022 @ 7:22 pm
Thanks for the recipe.
My kid loved it ( and me too – 😋)
November 7, 2022 @ 10:18 am
Thank you so much Beta 😊
November 16, 2022 @ 12:28 pm
Amazing recipe. Looks nutritious and yummy. Thanks for sharing.
November 16, 2022 @ 12:33 pm
Thank you so much 😊