Multigrain Eggless Savory Breakfast Muffins
Servings: 10 muffins
The best of both worlds. Multigrain Eggless Savory Breakfast Muffins flavored with Indian spices. A perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Try out this easy fusion recipe that is a hit among kids and adults alike.
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp powdered oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup curd
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped vegetables of your choice (carrots, beans, capsicum, and sweet corn)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- To begin, sift together gram flour (besan) and whole wheat flour.
- Add in powdered oats, baking powder, baking soda, carom seeds, salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchoor powder. Mix well.
- Now add the wet ingredients – ginger garlic paste, vegetable oil, and curd. Add in ¼ cup water and mix.
- Add in the onions, ginger, and green chillies. Mix well.
- Finally, add mixed vegetables and fold them in. I have used carrots, beans, corn, and capsicum.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Grease the muffin moulds and pour in the batter up to 3/4 levels. Tap once to remove air bubbles. Top them with chopped onions, capsicum, and carrots, and press down gently.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Check with a toothpick if the muffins are done. It should come out clean. Move them to a rack. Allow them to cool completely before you de-mould.
- The Multigrain Eggless Savory Breakfast Muffins are ready to serve.
- The baking time varies based on the oven and the size of the muffin moulds.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.