No Yeast Eggless Donuts
Servings: 12 donuts
A sweet treat loved by kids and adults alike. Try this easy-to-cook recipe of soft and fluffy No Yeast Eggless Donuts using ingredients and equipment readily available in your kitchen.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Curd for kneading
- Oil for deep frying
For sugar dusting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon powder
For chocolate glaze
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- Sprinkles of your choice
- To begin, prepare the dough for the donuts. In a large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and oil.
- Mix until you get a breadcrumb-like consistency. Knead it into a soft dough using curd. Cover and leave it to rest for at least an hour.
- Once it is well-rested, divide the dough into two equal portions. Dust the counter well with flour. Roll out the dough into at least a 1cm thickness.
- Use a donut cutter to cut out the donut shape. If you don’t have it available, you can use a tumbler and a bottle lid as I did.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry the donuts on medium heat until they are light to golden brown in color.
- I have glazed the donuts two ways.
- For the classic version, in a large dish, mix together about a cup of powdered sugar with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Dust the donuts with the sugar until they are well covered. Keep aside.
- For the chocolate glaze, take a cup of melted chocolate in a bowl. Dip in the donuts halfway in. Add sprinkles of your choice.
- The No Yeast Eggless Donuts are ready to serve.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.