Noodles & Cheese Croquettes
Kids love noodles and cheese. Noodles & Cheese Croquettes combine these two favorites into a crispy and delicious snack. One that is a hit with adults too. Try out my quick and easy recipe.
- 2 packets instant noodles (Maggi or similar)
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cubes processed cheese grated (50 gms)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Oil for deep frying
- To begin, boil 3 cups of water in a large pan. Season it with a teaspoon of salt. Add in the instant noodles and cook until al dente. Drain off the excess water and keep aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the noodles, grated cheese, cornflour, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder, garlic powder, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Check the salt and add more if required.
- Add in a bit of water to get an atta dough like consistency. Wet your palms. Shape the mixture into croquettes.
- Roll the croquettes in breadcrumbs and pat off the excess. Refrigerate them for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the croquettes on medium to low heat until golden brown and crisp.
- The Noodles & Cheese Croquettes are ready to serve. Serve them with tomato ketchup.
- You can make them healthier by using oats/atta noodles and adding vegetables of your choice.
- These freeze well. Spread out the breaded croquettes and freeze for a quick and easy snack time.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s My Friend Alexa.