Pan-Roasted Root Vegetables
- 5 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 6 small onions
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- To begin, pre-boil the root vegetables of your choice. Season the water with salt and make sure they aren’t overcooked. I have used potatoes, carrots, and small onions. And left the skin of the potatoes on for extra flavor.
- Drain the vegetables and leave them to dry. Do not run them under cold water.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
- Add in coarsely chopped garlic. Saute. Do not colorize.
- Next, add in the vegetables and toss them so that the oil coats them evenly.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and add in rosemary. You can use fresh rosemary instead if available.
- Tossing the vegetables on low heat until cooked. Longer if you want them to colourize but I prefer this version with my roasts.
- Check the salt and add more if required.
- Finally, add in the lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Pan-Roasted Root Vegetables are ready to serve. Serve them with your favorite roasts.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.