Paneer Butter Masala (Nut-Free)
- 200 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1-2 green chillies chopped
- 4 large tomatoes pureed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. You can use any oil except mustard oil. Add in 2 tbsp of butter.
- When the butter melts, add in the chopped onions and saute until translucent. Add in the green chillies.
- Now add the dry masalas – salt, red chillies powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Mix well and saute until you can see the oil appearing on the sides.
- Add in the cream. Mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and simmer for a few minutes.
- Paneer pieces can be any shape of your choice but cubes work best. You can also fry the paneer but I prefer the soft texture of the unfried one.
- My cookhouse is a nut-free cookhouse. You can add cashew paste along with cream for more richness.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.