Pita Pocket Sandwiches
Pita pocket sandwiches are one of the most versatile. Easy to eat and filled with your favorites. This is my version of the classic Mediterranean sandwich that is ready in minutes.
- 4 mini pita breads
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
For the salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- Mix all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in the mayonnaise, herbs, and chilli flakes. Mix well. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Cut the pita breads into halves. Stuff the pockets with the salsa.
- The pita pocket sandwiches are ready to serve.
- You can use any filling and dressing of your choice. Works great with chicken and cold cuts too.
- Make sure you prepare the salsa just before serving or the vegetables will lose their crunch.
- My recipe does not include lettuce. You can use it to add more crunch to your sandwiches.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.