Salsa Cream Cheese Cracker Bites
Servings: 4 people
Zesty, crunchy, and full of flavor. Tingle your taste buds with Salsa Cream Cheese Cracker Bites. A quick and easy anytime healthy snack that is ready in minutes. These canapes work great as a party appetizer too.
For the cream cheese
- 1/2 cup hung curd
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
For the salsa
- 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp finely chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste (optional)
- To begin, prepare the cream cheese. Mix together hung curd, grated cheese, garlic powder, white pepper powder, salt, and mixed herbs until smooth and fluffy.
- For the salsa, mix together the vegetables – tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, and green chillies. Season it with chopped basil, chives, and lemon juice. Mix well. Add a bit of salt if required.
- To prepare the cream cracker bites, spread a layer of cream cheese on each cream cracker. Top with the salsa.
- The Salsa Cream Cheese Cracker Bites are ready to serve.
- Experiment with different veggies for the salsa topping.
- The salsa does not really need salt but you can add it if required. Ensure that the salsa does not sit for too long or the tomatoes will turn mushy.
- You can prepare the salsa in advance. Once you have placed it on the crackers, serve immediately or the crackers will turn soggy.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.