Savory Masala Toast
Servings: 2 people
Pan-toasted bread coated with a savory and spicy masala mixture. The Savory Masala Toast is a delicious, healthy, and flavorful breakfast enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup onions finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp bell peppers finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander leaves
- 1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- Oil for cooking
- To begin, prepare the batter. In a bowl, mix together gram flour (besan), onions, green chillies, ginger, ginger garlic paste, capsicum, and coriander leaves.
- Next, add the dry masalas – black salt (kala namak), coriander powder (dhania), carom seeds (ajwain), and turmeric powder.
- Add the rice flour. Mix well. Add in water and mix into a smooth batter.
- Finally, add the red chilli flakes and mix. Check the salt and add more if required.
- Heat a griddle or a tawa. Brush it with oil.
- Take a bread slice and dip it into the batter coating both sides well.
- Place it on the hot tawa on medium to low heat. Spread some more batter on top. Cover with a lid and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Brush with a bit of oil and turn it over. Press it down a bit. Add more oil if required. Cook until the toast is golden brown and crisp. Prepare the other toasts similarly
- The Savory Masala Toast is ready to serve. Serve hot with ketchup or a dip of your choice.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.