Savory Potato Masala Waffles
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 1/2 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Oil for brushing
- To begin, in a large bowl, mix together boiled and grated potatoes, onions, ginger, and green chillies.
- Next, add in the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchoor. Mix well.
- Now add in the eggs, oil, all-purpose flour, and cornflour. Mix it well. Add a bit of milk if required so that the batter is of thick dropping consistency. Check the salt and add more if required.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the waffle iron.
- Finally, add the baking powder and baking soda to the mixture. Mix well.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, grease it well with oil and pour in about a ladleful of the batter depending on the size of the waffle iron.
- Close the lid and cook until done. Do not attempt to open the lid to check before it is cooked or the waffles might disintegrate. I used an electric waffle iron and it takes about 15 minutes to cook.
- The Savory Potato Masala Waffles are ready to serve. Serve them hot with your favorite dip or chutney.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.