Spicy, tangy, and absolutely delicious. The Schezwan Chutney can be used as a spread or a sauce. And is just as easy to make at home. Try out this easy-to-cook recipe.
- 10 whole red chillies
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp coarsely ground ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- Soak the red chillies in warm water for 2-3 hours or overnight. In case you want to make it less spicy, make sure they are de-seeded. Once softened, add a bit of water and coarsely blend them.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan. Add the coarsely ground ginger garlic paste and saute until it changes color a bit. Make sure it does not brown.
- Now add in the vinegar, soy sauce, salt, black pepper powder, and sugar. Mix well and cook until the sugar dissolves.