Sesame Toast is a popular appetizer. This is my take on the deep-fried version that works for breakfast or a tea time snack.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2-3 boiled potatoes
- 1 1/2″ piece of ginger
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilies powder
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add in all the masalas except for sesame seeds.
- Spread the potato mixture evenly and generously over the slices of bread.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan and add a bit of oil.
- Place the slices of bread coated side down on the pan.
- Brush a bit of oil on the bread slices and turn.
- Cook on low heat until crisp.
- Cut into the desired shape and serve with your favorite sauce.
- To make it extra crispy, you can add breadcrumbs after sprinkling the sesame seeds.
- Add carrots, beans, or any other vegetables to make it healthier.
For more such easy to cook recipes, download my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse. The book is free to download for a very limited time. Grab your copy today!