Easy, delicious, and flavorful, Spanish rice is the perfect one pot meal and a family favorite. Try out my version of the recipe that is loaded with vegetables and proteins.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (red, green, and yellow bell peppers, carrots, beans, sweet corn, and peas)
- 1/2 chicken breast cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2-3 sausages sliced into ½" pieces
- 6-8 large prawns
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Now add in two cups of water and mix.
- Finally, add in mixed herbs and mix it well. Check the salt and add more if required.
- When the water starts to bubble, lower the heat to the minimum. Cover it with a lid and let it cook until the water dries up and the rice is done. It would take about 15-20 minutes.
- When done, switch off the burner and let it rest for 4-5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff up the rice.
- The Spanish Rice is ready to serve.
- You can use saffron strands soaked in a tbsp of milk instead of turmeric.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.