Spicy Cabbage Pancakes
The best of both worlds. Savory cabbage pancakes flavored with Indian spices. Perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Try out this easy-to-cook fusion recipe that is a hit among kids and adults alike.
- 250 gms cabbage finely sliced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 2 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- To begin, take the sliced cabbage in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon salt and crush it so that it softens.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, milk, lemon juice, and oil.
- In a third bowl, mix together the flour, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, amchoor powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix together the flour mix and egg mixture.
- Pour this into the cabbage. Add the chopped onions, green chillies, and ginger garlic paste. Mix together until the cabbage is well coated and the batter is of dropping consistency.
- Add in the baking powder and mix gently.
- To make the pancakes, heat a griddle or a tawa. Add a bit of oil. Pour a ladleful of the batter and allow it to cook on medium heat. Once bubbles start to appear, turn it over and cook.
- The Spicy Cabbage Pancakes are ready to serve. Stack them up on a serving dish and serve with a dollop of garlic mayonnaise. Serve hot.
- For a healthier version, you can use whole wheat flour instead.