Spicy Chicken Wings
Juicy, delectable, and low calorie. A family favorite, spicy chicken wings are easy to make with little or no oil. This no fuss air fryer recipe uses ingredients available in your kitchen. Try them out!
- Air Fryer
- 6-8 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Oil for brushing
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- Marinate the chicken wings in a large bowl. Add in soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, and lemon juice. Mix well and let it marinate in the refrigerator for two hours. You can marinate it for a lesser duration but the wings won't taste the same.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce for basting. In a smaller bowl, add in apple cider vinegar, sugar, honey, tomato ketchup, and chilli sauce. Mix well until the sugar dissolves and keep aside.
- Take out the marinated chicken wings from the fridge. Add in the cornflour and mix well. Adjust the salt as required. Remember the soy sauce contains salt.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 180 degreed for 3 minutes.
- Grease the rack well and add in the chicken wings. Cook at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Turn the wings over and baste them with a bit of oil. Cook for another 6 minutes at 180 degrees or until well done.
- To finish, generously baste the chicken wings with the sauce and cook for another two minutes.
- Serve hot
- Make them as spicy as you want by adding chillies to the sauce.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, bake the wings in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes. Turning once after 10 minutes.
For more such easy to cook recipes, get my cookbook Easy Recipes from Mads’ Cookhouse now available at Amazon. Grab your copy today!