Spicy Crispy Corn
Crispy, crunchy, and absolutely lip-smacking. The spicy and tangy restaurant-style Crispy Corn is just as easy to make at home and ready in minutes. Try out my easy to cook recipe.
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the masala
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (red and green)
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp amchoor (dry mango) powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- To begin, boil the sweet corn. Boil water in a large pan and add a teaspoon of salt.
- Once it begins to boil, add in the sweet corn. Allow them to rise to the top. Drain the corn and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well and keep aside.
- To dredge the corn, take the corn kernels in a large bowl. Add in cornflour, rice flour, all-purpose flour, and salt. Toss gently until the kernels are well coated. Sift to remove excess flour.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Keeping the flame on a high, add a batch of the corn kernels. Move them around so that they do no stick together. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. The corn tends to pop when frying and you might burn yourself.
- When the popping stops, remove the lid, return the flame to a high and fry until they are golden and crisp. Remove to a kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
- Finally, just before serving, in a large bowl, mix together the corn, onions, bell peppers, coriander leaves, and green chilies.
- Next add in the dry masalas – Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder, chat masala, black pepper powder, and salt to taste.
- Finish with the juice of one lemon. Mix well.
- The Spicy Crispy Corn Kernels are ready to serve.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s My Friend Alexa.