Spicy Tawa Chicken
Servings: 2 people
Juicy and succulent chicken pieces in a lip-smacking tawa masala. Tawa Chicken is a popular Indian street food and just as easy to make at home.
- 300 gms boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1/2 medium capsicum sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander leaves
- 2 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 juice of lemon
- To begin, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a tawa, griddle, or flat-bottom pan. Add the oil. Add in the chicken pieces and saute.
- Once it begins to sweat, add in the garlic paste. Next, add the dry masalas – salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook until the chicken is almost done. Add the tomato puree and mix.
- Now add in the sliced onions, tomatoes, capsicum, and chopped green coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Finish with crushed kasoori methi, garam masala powder, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- The Spicy Tawa Chicken is ready to serve. Garnish with ginger juliennes and chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.