Sugar Free Besan Ladoos
I am often asked to share sugar free recipes of classic Indian mithai. Indulge your sweet tooth this festival season with sugar free, gluten free, and nut free besan ladoos that are easy to cook.
- 2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- To begin, heat desi ghee or clarified butter in a pan.
- Add in the besan. Roast on low flame until it turns golden and you can smell the nutty aroma.
- Remove from heat, transfer into a large bowl and allow it to cool. Do not leave it in the pan or the besan might burn.
- Once cooled, add in the artificial sweetener and cardamom powder. Mix well. You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon or two more of ghee.
- My kitchen is a nut-free kitchen. If you are using nuts, you can add them now.
- Shape the mixture into ladoos of the desired size.
- The Sugar Free Besan Ladoos are ready to serve.
The coarse besan works best for this recipe.