Sugar Free Moong Dal Ladoos (Nut Free)
Servings: 10 ladoos
Don't miss out on the mithais this festive Diwali season. Indulge your sweet tooth with sugar free, gluten free, and nut free Moong Dal lLadoos that are just as delicious. Check out this easy-to-cook recipe.
- 2 cups dhuli moong dal (split green gram)
- 1/2 cup desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- To begin, dry roast dhuli yellow moong dal (split green gram) on low heat until it is aromatic and changes color.
- Remove from heat, allow it to cool, and grind it into a fine powder.
- Next, keeping the pan on low heat, add the powdered moong dal along with desi ghee or clarified butter.
- Mix well and cook it on low flame until it turns golden and you can smell the nutty aroma. Do not let it dry out.
- Remove from heat, transfer into a large bowl and allow it to cool a bit. Do not leave it in the pan or it might burn.
- While it is still a bit warm, add in artificial sweetener and cardamom powder. You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- Mix well. Crush the mixture so that it is easy to shape. If it is too dry, add a teaspoon or two more of ghee.
- My kitchen is a nut-free kitchen. If you are using nuts, you can add them now.
- Shape the mixture into ladoos of the desired size.
- The Sugar Free Nut Free Moong Dal Ladoos are ready to enjoy.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.