Sunflower Seeds Chikki (Nut-Free Brittle)
Servings: 2 people
Make Diwali snacking healthier and tastier with sunflower seeds and jaggery chikki or brittles. Try out this easy-to-cook nut-free, gluten-free, vegan recipe that is rich in nutrients.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Oil for greasing
- To begin, dry roast the sunflower seeds for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, melt the jaggery powder in 2 tbsp of water. Cook it on low flame for a few minutes.
- To check the consistency, drop a bit of the mixture in cold water. If it forms a hard ball and snaps, turn off the flame.
- Add in the roasted sunflower seeds and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Immediately, spread the mixture on a greased surface or dish. Flatten it with a greased rolling pin.
- Make cut marks of the desired size. Let it cool down before snapping it into pieces.
- The Sunflower Seeds Chikki (Brittles) are ready to serve. Store them in an air-tight container.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.