Thai Fried Garlic Chicken
- 250 gms boneless chicken breasts
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp fried garlic for garnish
- 1 tsp chopped green coriander leaves for garnish
For the marination
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 5 tbsp chopped coriander stems
- 10 crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Coarsely blend the garlic and coriander stems.
- To marinate the chicken, add the coarsely ground paste, crushed black peppercorns, oyster sauce, fish sauce, light soy sauce, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and sugar. Mix well and keep aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix together cornflour and rice flour for dredging in a large bowl. Season it with a teaspoon of salt.
- Add in the marinated chicken and mix until the pieces are well coated. Dust off the excess flour.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the chicken pieces on medium heat until cooked and golden brown.
- The Thai Fried Garlic Chicken is ready to serve. Garnish with fried garlic and chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with red chili sauce.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter‘s My Friend Alexa.