Til ke Ladoo Nut-Free (Sesame Seeds Ladoo)
Servings: 8 ladoos
The harvest festival in India is incomplete without the til ke ladoo. Rich in nutrients, these provide an extra boost of energy in the cold winter months. Try out this easy gluten-free no-fail recipe.
- 1 cup sesame seeds (til)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup jaggery powder (gud)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
- To begin, dry roast the sesame seeds on medium to low heat until they colorize. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- In the same pan, dry roast the coconut until it begins to change color. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Add the cooled roasted sesame seeds to a blender jar and pulse it 4-5 times. Do not over-blend or it might release its oil.
- Next, add the coconut and give it 2-3 more pulses.
- Now, add the jaggery and the cardamom powder and pulse a few times until it begins to come together.
- Remove the mixture to a large bowl. Add in the ghee. Rub it well so that the mixture begins to hold its shape.
- Shape it into ladoos of the desired size. This recipe makes 8-10 ladoos.
- The Nut-Free Til Ladoos are ready to enjoy. Store in an airtight container. They can last up to 2 weeks at room temperature and longer in the refrigerator.
- Do not use fresh coconut for the recipe.
- If you are using jaggery blocks, break them down into small pieces before adding them to the blender. This might not require adding the ghee.
- If you want to add nuts to the ladoos, use about a ¼ cup and crush them a bit before using.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Wednesday.