Tomato Basil Farfalle Pasta
Servings: 2 people
Using minimal ingredients, rustle up a flavorful pasta in no time. Try out this easy recipe for the savory and satisfying Italian-inspired Tomato Basil Farfalle Pasta.
- 1 cup dried farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To begin, boil pasta in salted water unitl al dente according to the instructions on the package. Drain and keep ¼ cup of the water aside for later use.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Add sliced garlic and chopped onions. Saute until translucent.
- Next, add halved cherry tomatoes. Season with salt, white pepper, red chilli flakes, and dried parsley. Cook until the tomatoes soften a bit. They should not be mushy.
- Add in the boiled pasta along with ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Add basil leaves torn into pieces along with lemon juice. Mix well.
- Check the salt and add more if required.
- The Tomato Basil Farfalle Pasta is ready to serve.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.