Tomatoe Fish (Fish in Rich Tomato Gravy)
Juicy, flaky fish in a rich tomato gravy. Tomatoe Fish will sure have people coming in for seconds. An easy to cook recipe that is ready in minutes.
- 250 gms fish
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 1" piece of ginger
- 1 whole pod of garlic
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind the ginger and garlic into a smooth paste adding a bit of water.
- In a bowl, marinate the fish with 1 tsp salt and juice of one lemon. Mix well and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Throw away the excess water from the marinade. Deep fry the fish till cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute for a minute. Do not brown.
- Cover it with a lid and simmer on low heat until you can see oil on the surface.
- Tomatoe fish is ready to serve. Serve it with lachcha paranthas or naans,
- You can use any fish of your choice but I prefer basa fish.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.
This post is a part of My Friend Alexa Season 5 with Blogchatter.