Tuna Fish Pickle
Servings: 2 people
A delectable tuna fish pickle flavored with Indian spices. From the nutritional value of the tuna to the tangy flavors from the pickle, try out this easy and delicious recipe that is ready in no time.
- 350 gms canned tuna chunks (2 tins)
- 3/4 cup mustard oil
- 6 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- To begin, empty out tuna chunks in a bowl.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan to the smoking point and let it cool a bit.
- Add in finely chopped onions and saute until translucent. Next, add in the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute or two.
- Now add in the dry masalas – salt to taste, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder (jeera), and coriander powder (dhania). Mix well.
- Add in the vinegar and mix.
- Now add the tuna chunks and fold them in gently. Cook until the oil starts appearing on the sides.
- Finish with garam masala powder and mix well. Adjust the salt and more if required.
- Although it is ready to eat, let the pickle stand for about an hour so that the tuna pieces absorb the masala. Enjoy with paranthas or use it as a relish.
- Use canned tuna in oil or brine for this recipe.
- If you are using canned tuna in brine, adjust the salt as required.
- If there are some crushed pieces in the can, add them too.
- The pickle can last in the refrigerator in an airtight container for almost a month. Ensure that the pickle is topped with oil.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.