Turmeric and Ginger Detox
Now that the festival season has ended, it is time to flush out the toxins. Detoxify your body with the Turmeric and Ginger Detox loaded with natural ingredients and immunity-boosting properties.
- 1 tbsp grated fresh turmeric
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 8-10 leaves of tulsi (holy basil)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- To begin, boil two cups of water.
- Add in the fresh turmeric, ginger, tulsi leaves, and carom seeds and bring to a boil. Allow it to boil for a few minutes
- Strain and pour it into cups. Add the lemon juice if you prefer a tangy tea. Or honey if you prefer a sweet one.
If raw turmeric is not available, you can use a teaspoon of turmeric powder instead.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.