Vrat Special Lauki ka Raita (Bottle Gourd Raita)
Servings: 2 people
Give your Navratri meals a special touch with the Lauki ka Raita. Incredibly simple to make, this nutritious raita with cooling properties can be whipped up in no time.
- 1 cup curd
- 1/3 cup grated bottle gourd (lauki)
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp roasted and crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
- Green coriander leaves for garnish
- Grate the bottle gourd. Boil it in water until it reaches a rolling boil. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- In the meantime, whisk the curd well in a large bowl.
- Season it with salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, and roasted and crushed cumin seeds. Mix well.
- Add in the grated lauki and green chillies. Mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with Kashmiri red chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds, and chopped green coriander leaves. The Lauki ka Raita is ready to serve.
- You can also use unflavored yogurt for this recipe.
- This raita works great without fast too. Replace the sendha namak with regular salt.
- You can use the leftover lauki to prepare Achari Lauki Chana Dal.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.