Cheesy Cabbage Casserole
A simple and delicious one-pot meal that is perfect for chilly winter afternoons. Comfort food at its best. Try this easy to cook recipe that is a hit among kids and adults alike.
- 300 gms finely sliced cabbage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sausages sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (red, green, and yellow bell peppers with broccoli florets)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp English mustard paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp herb of your choice
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- To begin, take the sliced cabbage in a large bowl. Add a teaspoon of salt and scrunch the cabbage so that it softens. Keep it aside.
- Finally, add the cabbage and mix well. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- Grease the baking dish. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Now, add the flour mix to the eggs and cream. Mix well until it is smooth in texture.
- To assemble the casserole, add the vegetables to the baking dish and gently even them out. Pour the egg mix on top. Finally top it with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20-30 minutes or until cooked. The cheesy cabbage casserole is ready to serve.
- I have used bell peppers and broccoli. You can also add corn and carrots.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.