Dal ke Kebabs (Lentil Kebabs)
Servings: 12 Kebabs
Crisp on the outside. Soft on the inside. Packed with proteins, the melt-in-the-mouth masoor dal kebabs work perfectly as a snack or as a side for Sabz Biryani. Try out this easy recipe of one of my signature dishes.
- 1 cup whole masoor dal (brown lentil)
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin powder (jeera)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp amchoor (raw mango) powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cube veg super seasoning (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (2 slices)
- Oil for deep frying
- To begin, soak the whole masoor dal in water for at least 2 hours.
- Boil the dal with sliced onions and a tsp of salt in two cups of water. If you are using a pressure cooker, give it about 3-4 whistles.
- Once cooked, dry out the excess water.
- Transfer the dal to a large bowl and mash it coarsely. Let it cool a bit so that it is easy to handle.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, and the dry masalas – cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, amchoor (raw mango) powder, garam masala powder, and chat masala powder. Mix well.
- Finally, add the breadcrumbs and chopped green coriander leaves. Mix. For extra flavor, you can add a cube of Maggi veg super seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into kebabs or cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the kebabs until crisp.
- The Dal ke Kebabs are ready to serve. Serve hot with pickled onions and mint chutney.
If you enjoyed the video above, subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every week.