Schezwan Egg Fried Rice
Servings: 2 people
Spicy, tangy, and absolutely delicious. The Schezwan Egg Fried Rice is full of flavors and ready in minutes. Try out this easy to cook recipe.
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 8-10 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup diced vegetables (green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, beans, and carrots)
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Schezwan sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- To begin, heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add in the chopped garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add in the chopped onions and vegetables. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Beat the egg. Move the vegetables to the side. Tilt the wok and pour in the egg but not over vegetables. Cook the egg until semi-cooked. Mix it up with the vegetables gently so that it remains chunky.
- Add in the rice over the vegetables but do not mix it yet.
- Add soy sauce, Schezwan sauce, chilli sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Check the salt and adjust the sauces accordingly. Serve hot.
- This is a great recipe for leftover rice.
- Dark soy sauce can also be used, but the light version retains the color.
- Zapping it in microwave uncovered at high for two minutes works wonders for the rice.
Subscribe to the Mads’ Cookhouse YouTube channel for a new easy recipe every Tuesday.