Za’atar and Yoghurt Dip
A yummy snack needs a great dip to elevate it. If you are sick of serving ketchup, mayonnaise, and chutneys with your favorite snack, try out this simple Za’atar and Yoghurt dip. It goes great with Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks.And that brings us to the end of the AtoZ Challenge. I hope you enjoyed the recipes as much as I did bringing them to you. This is just the beginning. Stay tuned for more such easy recipes.
- 1 bowl yoghurt or hung curd
- 1 small piece of cucumber
- 1 small onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsbp Za’atar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop onions, cucumber, and green chilies.
- Add together yoghurt, vegetables, za’atar and lemon juice and mix well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Let it rest for at least one hour for the za’atar to do its magic.
- That’s it. Easy peasy.
- Za’atar is a spice mixture that includes sumac, thyme, oregano, marjoram, and sesame seeds. Middle eastern in origin, it is primarily used in Arabian and Israeli cuisine.
- My family loves it in raita as well. Cooking is all about experimentation.